It is said that true love is found when you first see your children but even without seeing them, simply knowing that a small part of you and the person you love is on the way, you know you will love them more than you nobody for a lifetime. Therefore, the most painful thing for a father is to suffer the loss of a child, this event causes parents to die inside as well. That’s what happened to Richard Pringle, a loving father who unfortunately lost his son Hughie when he was only 3 years old, because of a brain hemorrhage due to a condition with which he was born.
When he lost his son, the father felt his heart shattered and he believes that pain must never heal. After more than a year of his unfortunate loss, he confesses to having learned many things since his little one died and wanted to share them on his Facebook account with other parents, calling on them to enjoy their time with their children since that is what more valuable than they have because nothing is forever and there comes a time when everything is over and only the memories remain. The Internet has not been able to ignore this moving list, we hope it will be useful for many parents:
- Rate every moment with your children. Do not impose where you are or what you are doing, whether it is day or night, if you are at work, in the car or at home, no matter the place, value every moment with your children and enjoy them to the fullest.
- Do not forget to say goodbye to your children every night or every day with a kiss because you never know when it will be the last time you will take them to bed or when it will be the last kiss.
- The memories are forever, no matter where you are or what you are doing with your children, take all the photographs and videos that you can, maybe that’s the only thing you have left in the future.
- Time does not stop, do not spend it working; dedicate a large part of it to your children, play with them, take them to the park, to camp, to ride a bicycle, teach them to drive. Do not wait until the end when it’s too late.
- Write in a diary everything your children do, the good things, the bad things, the triumphs, the failures, absolutely everything, my wife and I started a diary after the death of Hughie to have his memories saved, the same thing we do with their brothers so that when they are old they can read everything they lived in the past.
- Love is infinite, it has no limits, no matter how much you show it, there will always be more in your heart.
- Money does not matter, do not look at how much they make you spend, spend time on them! that if it is truly valuable, the small moments and details, eventually end up becoming the largest. I no longer remember how much or what I spent on my son but in everything we did together.
- Get up in the morning and see your children is something that you should feel lucky, do not waste time, have breakfast with them, take them to school, football games, to see a movie. Time does not stop so enjoy your children; the one that they go to the university, the one that they marry and have their own children. That is the true value of life.
- Sing together. Although it seems very simple many of the memories are made with music, too many memories that come to mind when I listen to certain songs, it reminds me of when we traveled together in the car and sang our favorite songs.
- Make every moment you spend by your side as fun as if it were the last, no matter where they are or what they are doing, life is too short to not have fun, laugh, run, make jokes, spend the best moments with your children and so you will not regret when it’s too late.
This valuable list deserves to be known by other parents, share it with your Facebook friends and remember to make the most of your time with those you love.
1 thought on “After his son died, he wrote 10 rules. Every parent should follow them to the letter”